When it comes to living a healthy lifestyle I’m a total documentary nerd. Like any other nerd I enjoy a good Netflix and chill night. Netflix is great for binge watching your favorite classic sitcoms and learning something new by watching documentaries. If you’re new to the non toxic lifestyle or even if you’re a pro you must watch these 5 healthy documentaries on Netflix. These will open your eyes about the food you eat and even the personal care products you use.
- Hungry for Change– This documentary exposes hidden secrets about diet, weight loss, and the food industry as a whole. It creates a conversation about why you crave bad foods that ultimately provide no nutritional value.
- The Human Experiment– This talks about the many hidden dangers in our personal care and household cleaning tools. You hear from real people whose lives have been negatively effected from the poisonous chemicals and what current legislation looks like to protect us from them.
- Food Choices– I loved this one because it takes an in depth look at what it means to eat a plant based diet. Redefining what a vegan or vegetarian is and whether or not it’s truly healthier. This documentary also shed like on fad diets like the paleo diet and others that have gained notoriety.
- Forks over Knives– This is a classic documentary that discusses processed foods and gives you a behind the scenes look at just how produce is grown and the inhumane way animals are treated prior to landing on your plate.
- Minimalism– Great documentary that makes you wonder exactly how much stuff do you really need in order to live a happy life. In a time where people collect the latest gadgets, clothes, and other items it looks at the lives of 2 men who have decided to cut out all the excess.
Have you watched any of these documentaries? If so what are your thoughts? Please share any other documentaries on healthy living in the comments.