This platform is about living healthy in all aspects of our lives; mind, body, and soul. I like to discuss a variety of topics from healthy foods, natural beauty, and inspiration. Over the years I’ve heard from dozens of women about issues they face when trying to better themselves. I thought I’d share a collection of things that I think are useful for every woman, myself included.
1. Start fresh every single day. Leave yesterday where it is and let tomorrow worry about itself. Instead focus on the current day.
2. Try adding a Meatless day to your weekly routine. Eating plenty of leafy greens and fresh veggies is something everyone needs more of. No matter what your dietary habits are try skipping the meat and junk food just for 1 day out of the week.
3. Put away your phone when you’re out with friends or family. This digital age we live in has everyone with their phone practically glued to their hand. Let’s not get all wrapped up in social media and technology that we forget just how important real relationships are.
4. Exercise can be fun and not a time commitment. You don’t have to have a gym membership to get amble exercise. There are DVD’s, dancing, jogging with friends, any psychical activity that gets the heart rate going and keeps you moving.
5. Drink more water. I know this is talked about several times over but unfortunately most people still aren’t drinking enough water. This cannot be said enough! Try drinking a water with or between meals instead of juice or soda.
6. Don’t try to keep up with the Jones’, chances are you may lose. Stay in your own lane. The wonderful thing about life is that there are no 2 people alike. This also means no 2 lives a like. Life is a personal journey. Focus on making yours the best IT was meant to be.
7. Never grocery shop on an empty stomach. I talked about this on the blog and in my e-book. Shopping on an empty stomach you’re not thinking clearly and you’ll likely buy things you don’t need and spend more money than intended.
8. Keep healthy snacks at home and work. This will lessen the chances of you reaching for some artificial junk. Out of sight out of mind.
9. Stop beating yourself up. Hey, we all make mistakes; learn from it, grow, heal, and keep moving forward.
10. Consolidate and pay off debt. Less debt means less stress. Life is hard enough without adding a mountain of debt to the equation. Try to get rid of things you don’t need. Live within your means and watch your spending habits.
11. Don’t over do it with the alcohol. It’s ok to have a glass of wine or the occasional mixed drink to celebrate or even relax. But alcohol by no means should be your source to have fun or fix your problems.
12. Make your home a place you want to be. We function better in an inspiring place. Spruce up your living area. This doesn’t require a lot of money but it does require your imagination. Get creative, it gets the juices in your brain flowing and brings positive energy in your life.
13. Listen to your body. Being healthy is all about being in tune with your body’s needs. It will tell you what it needs and what it doesn’t like. The key is are you paying attention.
14. Read labels on food, beauty products, and everything you purchase. I’m a sucker for reading labels. If it’s going anywhere near my body I want to know what’s in the stuff and if it will do more harm than good. Don’t just look at the claims on the box do your due diligence.
15. Floss after every brushing. This one is obvious but you’d be surprised how many people don’t even think about their oral health. Oral health is just as important as the rest of your body. Take care of that smile!
16. For every 20 minutes you stare at a computer screen (or any LCD screen for that matter) look away for 20 minutes. Too much stimulation from staring at a screen can actually kill brain cells and strain eyes. Step away for a second refocus then come back.
17. Count to 10 when your angry. The bible talks about being slow to anger and not to go to bed with anger. Don’t let things allow you to explode, you might say or do something you’ll regret later.
18. Don’t skimp on sleep. We all need our beauty rest. I know life gets crazy, deadlines, children, etc. but you’re no good to anyone including yourself if you don’t allow your brain and body to rest.
19. Have an attitude of gratitude. No matter what is going on in your life there is always something positive to be thankful for. Just the fact that you are alive to read this is enough to give thanks. Not everyone woke up today.
20. Meditate and pray. Personally I think this is just as important as healthy eating and exercise if not more. Your mental and spiritual health helps guide you through life. You’re not alone. I like to have my daily chat’s with God it keeps me focused and helps me maintain.
Hopefully these tips were helpful to you
A few things before you go…..
Like me on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Periscope
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel